Consultant in Distance Learning and integration of technology in learning environments.
Worked with various higher education institutions in Puerto Rico to redesign academic programs from a traditional to a blended or online format. Chemistry professor at University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez and Ponce Campus for 20 years. As adjunct professor at Sacred Heart University, Carlos Albizu University, Central University of Bayamón, Universidad Central del Caribe, among others.
Master’s degree in Curriculum & Teaching, master’s degree in Instructional Systems & Instructional Design from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico and Sacred Heart University, respectively. Undergraduate and graduate studies in Chemistry from University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus.
Certified as Instructional Designer and Trainer in Blackboard from Spectrum Pacific Learning Company LLC in San Diego, California. With additional certifications from: VNU Learning in e-Learning Design, and Friesen, Kaye and Associates in e-Courses Design.
Certified by Instituto Latinoamericano y del Caribe de Calidad en Educación Superior a Distancia, Evaluation of Virtual Courses.
- Jane N. Ryland Foundation in 2003 & 2006 (Leadership in
Distance Education and Program Management)
- U.S.A. National Library of Medicine Fellow 2001 for an internship in Medical Informatics at the Marine Biological Laboratory, in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- ICANN 60, 62 & 63 Fellow, ARIN 38 y ARIN 39 Fellow. Volunteer in various Working Groups in ICANN and At-Large Organizations since 2015, after participating in ICANN 53 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Member of Board of the Internet Society – Puerto Rico Chapter.
Executive Director or Chair of the Center of Academic Resources or Information Systems in various universities in Puerto Rico. Where I spearheaded multi-annual projects on Title III, Title V from the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Health.
Member of ISOC Puerto Rico since 2010 and Member of the Board of Directors since 2014.
On the ICANN Fellowship Selection Committee representing At-Large community (ALAC) since 2018. Also, on the ISOC NOMCOM Selection Committee for 2020. A member of the Beyond the Net Medium and Large Grants Selection Committee for 2019.
Areas of interest:
- Integration of Technology in Education (K - university)
- Increase awareness of the virtues of technology use among civil society and professional scenarios
- Increase accessibility and usage of Internet and web services among underserved and economically disadvantaged sectors of community.
- Offer workshops and training activities